Saturday, October 12, 2013

Live. Laugh. Love.

I over analyze things sometimes... okay, all the time. And it took me forever to decide on a name for this blog. Its primary function is to keep my friends and family up to date on what I'm doing while studying abroad in London so I went through things that sounded adventurous that were connected to London, but during that process I decided that I actually want to continue to use this blog after I get home (sadly, I can’t stay in London forever), which means that something a little more long term would be appropriate. I went through a few ideas and previewed how those titles would look with the design I had chosen and decided against them. You probably noticed that I finally settled on "Live. Laugh. Love." I was worried that this was a little too cliché and then I decided that I don't really care whether it is or not. I like it and you can deal with it if you don’t.

"Live. Laugh. Love." is a motto that I've chosen to describe my philosophy on life. Each word is special and important and I think that the three together create a pretty good recipe for a happy life. 

Live

Choose to live with passion. Find something that you love and then do it! Live with optimism. There will be hard times in life when we feel like we've hit the lowest of lows and there's no way that we can ever recover. There will be ups and downs and who knows what. There will be times when we don't know what to do, where to go, or who to turn to. But I know that everything will work out if we choose life. If we choose to live and we turn to God with faith, then I know everything will work out. In the words of a wonderful and wise man, President Gordon B. Hinckley: “Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out."

Laugh

I feel like Audrey Hepburn said it best: “I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.” Who doesn’t want to burn a few calories? And what better way to do it?

But seriously. I love to laugh. Cue Mary Poppins, Uncle Albert and Bert singing, “I love to laugh! Ha ha! Loud and long and clear…” Laughing is important. It keeps you happy. Laugh at things that make you happy, laugh at things that you think are funny, and learn to laugh at yourself. It keeps you humble and helps you remember that it’s ok to make mistakes.

Love

What would this world be like without love? No doubt we could use a little more of it. Love deeply and love passionately. It isn’t good to be alone, it isn’t good… My Turn on Earth, anyone? Love doesn’t always have to be romantic although that kind of love is important. Love your family. Keep them close. Love the people around you. Be kind, forgiving, courteous, understanding, thankful, generous. And last but certainly not least, love God. He is everything. And He sure does love you. And you and you and you. And me. J

So there it is. This is my first post. There will be more to come! I am super behind so bear with me. J


Cheers!







1 comment:

  1. I just love you so much!! And I'm super excited to be the first person to comment on your blog. I love it. And I love that I have experience Living, Laughing, and Loving with you. You are wise beyond your years and I continually learn so much from you. I miss you. Keep having amazing adventures! I look forward to reading about them here.

    ReplyDelete